Green tea is a potent source of healing antioxidants.
- It contains healing substances including fluoride, catechins, and tannins.
- Green tea may help prevent various types of cancer, guard against heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels and reducing blood pressure, promote longevity, stave off tooth decay (the tea contains the cavity fighter fluoride), help heal gum infections, and provide a number of other benefits.
- Because it contains astringent tannin compounds, green tea in moderation can ease indigestion, diarrhea, and other forms of stomach upset.
- The antioxidant EGCG (epigallocatechin-gallate) present in green tea may help prevent cancer. It sets in motion cell death in cancer cells, not healthy ones. EGCG may well enhance the body's natural antioxidant system as well, encouraging the elimination of damaging oxygen molecules called free radicals. Other preliminary research indicates that green tea can help to combat breast, stomach, and skin cancer. EGCG also appears to protect the heart and arteries from oxidative damage.
- Antioxidants in green tea may prevent and reduce the severity of osteoarthritis. Studies have shown that consuming approximately four cups of green tea a day can help protect against developing arthritis, and in those who already have arthritis, can help to diminish the inflammation it causes.
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.