An immune-building diet high in vitamin C, beta-carotene, magnesium, and quercetin may lessen the severity of allergic reactions caused by respiratory allergens such as dust, pollen, and animal dander. The following foods, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals are recommended for allergy relief:
- Ginger is a natural antihistamine and decongestant that may provide relief from allergy symptoms by dilating constricted bronchial tubes
- Magnesium has been shown to relieve constricted airways in the lungs and reduce bronchial discomfort associated with allergies. Consume spinach, avocados, barley, quinoa, almonds, buckwheat, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chocolate, oysters, brazil nuts.
- Quercetin is an allergy-fighting compound that reduces inflammation, prevents the release of histamine, and blocks allergic reactions to pollens. Good sources are cherries, kale, green cabbage, garlic, apples, grapes, cranberries, pears, onions, and spinach, white grapefruit.
- Beta-carotene is a carotenoid that can help maintain optimal respiratory and immune function. Found in apricots, butternut squash, carrots.
- Vitamin C is a natural antihistamine capable of blocking the effect of inflammatory substances that some people produce in response to allergens such as pollen and pet dander. Include in your diet: red cabbage, potatoes, kiwi fruit, oranges, strawberries, red bell peppers, tangerines.
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.